One of my absolute most used apps is the journalling app Day One, available for iOS and OSX. The iOS version this week received a major update, going to version 1.10, where the ability to export entries (single or a range) to a PDF file was introduced.
This is a terrific enhancement that allows the user to extract key data, perhaps sorted by tag (introduced last year to the iOS version) to a standalone PDF document, or perhaps to a PDF document that might then be stored in a system such as Evernote or DEVONthink.
Other updates include:
- Custom date range- Tag filtering
- Send PDF to iBooks, Dropbox and other apps
- Export will run in background
- Quick single entry export via Send menu
- Historical weather increased from 3 days to 30 days
- New reminder sound
- Added Sanchez font option
- Improved header and HTML styling
I love the direct Day One is taking, and look forward to these updates (and previous ones like tagging and geo-location) being introduced to the OSX version, soon (please)!