These are my Around the Web links for April 17th through April 21st:
These are my Around the Web links for April 10th through April 15th:
These are my Around the Web links for April 1st through April 10th:
- ∞ Deckset – a great review by Ben Brooks on Deckset. I've already created and delivered a preso with Deckset and found it *super* easy. I'm planning my own review
- Dropbox Announces That Mailbox Is Coming To OS X – interesting!
- Tips for Getting the Most Out of Fantastical for iPad – I'm liking Fantastical 2 for iPad, and Gabe's tips are helpful in getting under the hood.
- And the Apple love for Keynote and its users keeps coming… – Pleased to see a positive view of the latest updates to iWork from a power use of the apps…
- IFTTT for iOS Gets iPad App, Curated Collections, and Native Notifications – IFTTT is an important part of my automation toolset and I pleased to see its iPad debut…
- Fantastical for iPad Review – I know this is the third link to Fantastical 2 for iPad that I've posted here, but you can never go past one of Federico Viticci's epic reviews.
- More On The AppleScript Improvements In Latest iWork Update – Apple certainly has an unique approach to app release for major version changes—strip back to the bare essentials then re-add features but in a new and vastly improved way. Its an annoying approach as a user, particularly in the short term, but you can see that from a developers perspective it makes sense.
- Fantastical 2 for iPad – David Sparks confirms my thoughts on Fantastical 2 for iPad.
- Fantastical 2 for iPad – I've been really looking forward to this release. Just downloaded it setting it up for me. I suspect it will bcome as big a part of my iPad workflow as Fantastical is on OSX and iPhone. I got a bit of 'sticker shock' at the A$12.99 price, but good software has value, and I suspect it will be worth every cent.
- Apple Updates iWork Suite with Design Tweaks, New Features, Sharing Improvements – Very pleased to see the improvements in iWork, particularly for the OSX versions. The iCloud enhancements should also prove useful.
- App Store Prices Are Being Raised In Australia, India, Indonesia, Turkey, And South Africa – Got to love the Aussie dollar…
These are my Around the Web links for March 28th through March 31st:
These are my Around the Web links for March 25th through March 27th:
These are my Around the Web links for March 24th through March 25th:
These are my Around the Web links for March 21st through March 24th:
- Microsoft Office on the iPad, Really? – Personally I am not a fan of Microsoft Office, and for several years did not use it on my own computers. I use it in a limited way now due to professional/academic requirements, and those of some consulting customers I work with. In particular some templates and macros just require it.
I prefer Markdown for writing and Keynote for presenting.
But I probably will load up Office on the iPad. Especially if it supports templates.
- Two computer screens aren’t better than one – Personally I never really found that having 2 (or more) screens was good for productivity. If anything it causes distraction and confusion.
I'm more a fan of a single screen with apps in full-screen mode. I can easily swipe to other apps if needed, and have various automations setup to allow quick access to apps I regularly need—such as Calendar (Fantastical), Contacts, etc.
- Home | the groundsthe grounds – Had a great lunch at The Grounds at Alexandria. This venue is not just a restaurant or coffee shop. Its a true experience—a must do for Sydney-siders and those visiting!
- Command-C Updated with Clipboard History, Mac to Mac Sharing, Connection Improvements –
- Acer | Application – AcerCloud looks like a cloud service with the architecture of BitTorrent Sync combined with some of the features of DropBox, Google Drive, etc
These are my Around the Web links for March 20th through March 21st:
These are my Around the Web links for March 19th from 09:01 to 10:18: