“For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen..”
The BalanceLight blog was first setup as the Des Paroz on the go blog around 2002. It is a place for me to write about my personal views on a range of topics—particularly on making photographs, writing and presenting.
There are two types of post in the BalancedLight blog:
- Topical posts on writing, photography and presentation workflows
- Link posts that link to another site or blog post, with a short comment from me. I think that the original posts are worth a look.
BalancedLight is a self-hosted WordPress site.
Photo Gear Info
I get some questions regarding my photographic gear. Here’s what I am currently using:
- Panasonic Lumix GX7 micro 4/3 camera
- Panasonic Lumix G 20mm f1.7 lens
- Panasonic Lumix G 7–14mm f1.4 lens
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12–40mm f2.8 Pro lens
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35–100mm f4.0–5.6 lens
- Lee Filters Seven5 filter system
- iPhone 7 Plus
- Peak Design Everyday Backpack (20l)
- A bunch of other Peak Design straps and clips
I have been progressively moving to the smaller, lighter and more flexible micro 4/3s format over the past few years. I’m excited about the flexibility offered by this balanced and light format. Prior to the move to this format I was using the Nikon D200 system, particularly for my underwater images.
- Nikon D200 camera (x2)
- 12–24mm, 10.5mm fisheye, 35mm, 18–200mm and 60mm macro lenses from Nikkor
- Aquatica AD200 housing
- Inon Z220 & Z240 strobes
- Ultralight arms
For post processing, I previoulsy used Apple Aperture 3.5 for digital asset management (DAM), but am currently using Adobe Lightroom while experimenting with On1 Photo RAW for my future DAM needs. For editing I currently love MacPhun’s Luminar, but also use Pixelmator, On1 Photo RAW and Photoshop.
About Des Paroz
I am a writer, photographer and trainer based in Darwin, Australia. I have strong interests in writing, photography, presenting, marketing/public affairs and diving.
Around the web
You can also find me on the web in the following places:
- Des Paroz Photo Gallery
- Des Paroz on About.me
- @desparoz on Twitter
- DivingIDC.com – my website for PADI and EFR instructor courses
- I have never really got to love Lightroom, and really hope something will come along that will give more than Apple’s Photos app (particularly for metadata), but without the clutter of LR. ↩
- Freediving, scuba diving and tec diving. ↩
- Any and all views expressed on DesParoz.me are my own (unless otherwise clearly stated and obviously excepting any comments made by others), and do not reflect the views, policies or opinions of any organisation or company that I may work with or for. ↩