“For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen…”
The BalancedLight blog was first setup as the Des Paroz on the go blog around 2002. Today it is a place for me to publish my photographs as well as to write about my personal adventures, experiences and thoughts on photography, writing, diving and travel.
I have a second site, Micro Thoughts, which is a Micro.Blog site that serves as a link blog and a home for short thoughts, particularly on productivity, technology and photography. It acts as a complementary site to BalancedLight.
About Des Paroz
I am a writer, photographer and trainer based in Canberra, Australia. I have strong interests in writing, photography, bushwalking (hiking) and diving.
Photo Gear Info
I get some questions regarding my photographic gear. If you’re interested in my photo gear, please take a look at my Camera Bag.
I’m a proud member of Nature First: The Alliance for Responsible Nature Photography and I’m dedicated to following the Nature First Principles:
- Prioritize the well-being of nature over photography.
- Educate yourself about the places you photograph.
- Reflect on the possible impact of your actions.
- Use discretion if sharing locations.
- Know and follow rules and regulations.
- Always follow Leave No Trace principles and strive to leave places better than you found them.
- Actively promote and educate others about these principles
- All views and opinions expressed are my own – except when quoting someone else. And then those views are theirs. ↩